Friday, September 23, 2011

Greyhound Art Book: 'Retired From Racing, Not From Life'



This beautiful art book is a fundraiser for OSU's Greyhound Health & Wellness Program (GHWP).

It is a compilation of stunning art & photography featuring Greyhounds.

Fifty contributors from around the world generously donated their talents to raise money & awareness for the program.

100% of the proceeds are sent from the publisher directly to the GHWP.

It can be ordered here: http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/2449549

This book features a very special painting of Strider Paulsen by artist Valarie Wolf -




Valarie wrote this about her experience painting Strider from a photo provided by Judy:

'The painting was an experience filled with all sorts of emotions: Happiness when I completed a part of the painting and 'got it right'. Nervousness when I thought 'oh...what if it doesn't turn out 'just right'. Frustration when I had to redo sections over and over. Awe as to what a beautiful creature Srtider is and how I MUST do him justice! Crying when you told us that he was at the vet. Elation and gratitude when you received the portrait and liked it, for giving me the opportunity to paint your beloved pet, and for putting faith in me to do the job.

I will always be grateful for the experience.

Please give Strider hugs and kisses from me. I love him from afar.'


Please join us in supporting this wonderful cause, and become a proud owner of ‘Retired from Racing, Not From Life’.

No comments:

Post a Comment